Wednesday, August 02, 2006

That should do it.

This is probably enough for now.












The date was June 9th, 2006. We left Turlock something afternoon, landed in Salinas around 3 and ate at Rositas, got back on the road, and after the first turnout I remembered to get the little digi I had bought for the trip out of my bag. These pictures are chronological. Most were taken from pull-outs on the PCH, some from inside the moving Jetta. Pictures with the ocean on the right are facing South, left, natch, North. I don't really need pictures of Big Sur; it's one of those places that I can close my eyes and conjure in my mind at will. The redhead is Lauren.

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

Yes, as we can plainly not see in these photos, the redhead is Lauren. But which one are you?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought it was some sort of metaphorical redhead in these pictures.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Beautiful.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

The last camoing trip we took was to Big Sur back in 1998 or 99. We rolled in about midnight and set up our sleeping bags. There was a meteor shower that night, and the milky way was so bright. I will never forget it!

We also know this great Mexican joint in Soquol......

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home