Saturday, November 04, 2006

Almost Back

Well, I thought I was back, or almost back. Then Blogger ate the first entry I tried to make after I could see the end in sight for my latest seasonal gig, and then I came down with a gumline infection, which, at the very least, has resulted in a new poem.

NOVEMBER; DRUGS; JOHN WAYNE

As I recline on the Darvocet cloud
Intended to becalm me
While penicillin stormtroopers
Fight a war of attrition
Against the invaders at my lower jawline,
I rest my twisted mind
Against your comfortingly fakey history.
I ought to hate it, but I can't.
It's too stupidly beautiful
Not to float on its comforts
As on a fever-borne hallucination
And tell myself I might expect
Some sort of psychadelic revelation
While watching She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home