Friday, January 25, 2008

Friggin Blogger

Friggin Blogger.

I go to upload a picture, get all the way through the process, and what do I find missing?

The "Upload Image" button.

Kinda makes it difficult.

Friggin Blogger. No wonder everyone's cluster-flocking over to Wordpress.

Anyways, the only point to this entry is to announce that I will be, yet again, absent for a few weeks. Yes: algebra. What can I say, they bark, I jump.

But it won't be long. And in honor of that fact, here's a poem I wrote about running into an ex-lover back in my college days. Actually, it was largely inspired by Doc Nagel's pointing out that, much to his annoyance, I have a serious habit of saying "anyways" when I should say "anyway," since "anyways," semantically, makes no sense. It is entitled:

ANYWAYS

Anyways
what matters
knowing you are the train I missed
and as your memory speeds byI can put a hand on the ladder
suddenly an airborn man
embryonic in a cocoon of wind
watching a short, fast landscape beneath me
and hoping for either fast death
or a hot
cup
of tea.




Chris also gives this poem the distinction of prompting one of my favorite criticisms of all time: "I don't think you're getting a cup of tea." True. True.

Anyways, I might find the space-time to sketch a thing or two, but don't expect to hear from me between now and Valentine's. Peace.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

I upload my photos to a Village Photos.com account and post them onto Blogger from there. I started doing this way before Blogger offered the image service, and I saw no reason to change. From the complaints I've heard, I still have that same opinion.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Doc Nagel said...

I believe I'm among the very few who still like Blogger. It may be that I'm on a Mac, and it may be that Blogger is the only Mac-friendly web site.

12:35 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

But...um.

Damn.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Come to Wordpress....

Coooommmmmeeee to Woooorrrrdddpressssss!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home