Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm Not A Vegetarian, But I Play One On TV


AMY's Organic Soups. Love 'em. This is the Black Bean Soup, which the Wifey reccomended to me as something that she found she could not bring herself to have for lunch in her office, as it is loaded with garlic.
Hoo baby.
When I opened the can, the whiff of garlic I got actually threw me back six inches. And then I added the Cholula. (I am incapable of not futzing with packaged foods, not matter how reasonable they seem on their own.) The beer is a Cottonwood Brewery Pumpkin Ale, which you cannot get where you are. It's pretty weird stuff, as you might imagine, a tad sweet and spiced like pumpkin pie, still fairly ale-hoppy, and it's going pretty nicely with the soup, to which I also added some shredded cheese and topped with a generous glop of sour cream. (Incapable. I swear it.)
Which is all, in fact, because today I am grounded. When I checked the FedEx tracker this morning, it listed them as "On FedEx vehicle for delivery." SO I am not going anywhere until they bring me my new shoes.
On a related note, last night we watched a flick called "Just For Kicks," which came up when I went looking for books about sneakers. Basically it consists of a bunch of sneaker-heads, chiefly people who were involved in the 80's Hip-Hop scene, talking about how much they love sneakers. Yes, we watched an hour and a half of this. I spent the majority of the time declaring to my wife that these folks were far sicker than I am, sneaker-wise.
Now if you will excuse me, I have to go prowl the culd-de-sac. Those Fed Ex drivers can be wiley.
(Hell. I might as well be sitting on the porch with a shotgun.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Mmmm, black bean soup!! And whats with bragging about the pumpkin ale... "I got something you can't have.. nanananananananaaaaaah!!"

Great, now you got me heading over to shoes.com. and I was doing sooo well ;)

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home