Thursday, March 04, 2010

Seriously, He's Wearing Han's Clothes

THE MEAL is nothing new, my favorite empanada etc. The real story here is that I do not like Spanish Peaks Brewery's Black Dog Ale. It describes itself as an English style amber ale, but it's . . . I don't know. It's over-worted and under-hopped, so to me it tastes mealy, almost skunky. And it's way waaaaaaaaaaay too bouncy. Which is to say I over-poured this stuff twice, the first time actually over-flowing the glass and flooding the counter-top. That never happens to me. All that that adds up to: I do not like Black Dog Ale. I am sure it is fine for others, but I do not like it. I think this is the third time I have come to the realization that, for me, no good will ever emerge from Bozeman, Montana.

The movie of the day is he he he he hoooo hoooooooo HAAAAAH!!!
I think I stuck this in the Netflix queue because of the title. I cannot call myself a fan of Family Guy. I watch it when there is nothing else on and the Wifey is not around. I find it amusing enough, and the average episode will get me to laugh out loud a coupla times, but, as many major mainstram critics have observed, it's a show whose rhythms can get to be a bit repetitive.
But this was great. I laughed out loud a dozen times or more over the course of the hour. The reproduction of the movie, beat by beat, was perfect, and they left suprisingly little of the substance of the film out over the course of the 48 minute running time.
And then I watched it again. With the commentary, which was really cool, since everyone in the room was just having a damned blast. Especially Seth Green, who was very funny indeed.

And now I feel like I hafta watch this.
Dunno. We'll see.

I really have nothing against Bozeman, Montana. Never been there. But really, based on my experience with their beer, I can only imagine that it is a damned, cursed place. The people at New Belgium now have my whole-hearted endorsement. The Ranger blew the Black Dog away--- Ooo. That doesn't sound good. But it's true. If you're only going to see one Star Wars parody this year, well, I don't even know why you'd make such an arbitrary limitation, but who am I to judge? Is Star Wars all that sacred to you? Who the hell are you, George Freakin' Lucas?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home