Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ah, Crap

I've been meaning to blog for the last week or so, but, I guess, I've been distracted.

Partly I've been distracted by the end of the political season around here. They had the elections yesterday, and, predictably, everybody who won, won, and everybody who lost, lost, and all by a margin of three or four percent of the votes cast, which represents a whopping 25% of the population of the city. Yay, Demobcracy.*

But that isn't distracting. The constant barrage of recorded messages and incompetent telemarketers boosting the candidates and the schols bonds-- more there in a moment-- now those were distracting, and every single one of them made me want to vote against whatever or whoever they were boosting. Yay, advertising.

The schools bonds got defeated, the first time a schools bonds package has been defeated in 10 years, but not the only time. Way once in a while, the bond package gets defeated, largely because the schools get a bazillion dollar bond package every year, which the school board & system then waste, usually building brand new schools on the rich side of town and vetting a few pet projects on the poor side of town for a zero sum gain in the quality of education. And we know they're gonna waste it, so that's when the way once in a while comes in. Unfortunately, when the populace does vox and turns down the ransom, the system spends the next year punishing us by screwing things up irrevocably, so that the only way out is-- you guessed it-- more money.

How can the people who are in charge of education be so stupid?

Anyways. So all that's past, and I can feel free to blog now, so, naturally, what happens? I think I'm coming down with a cold. It's not official yet. But the warning signs are gathering: I have been a little sneezy, I woke up stuffy this morning, and I have started having olefactory hallucinations-- smelling things that are not there, which is a slight annoyance but usually a sure sign that a virus has begun to go to work on me.

*It was a typo. Now it's a pun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Oh, for the love of God . . .

7:23 AM  
Blogger Doc Nagel said...

Hey there....... I was trying to find info on illegitimage work home business opportunity and got directed to your site. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I hope you dont mind me adding your blog to my collection of used lint.

On the other hand, key-rist I love cheese sauce!!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home