Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving

I was gonna blog about not having had time to blog, catalogueing all the things I did this past holiday weekend that kept me from blogging, but in point of fact the weekend was nearly a week long, and although it was packed with stuff-- including serial trips to a new mall I swore I wouldn't visit until it had been broken in and the crowd had thinned out, and multiple planned hiking trips that somehow got reduced to a single six-miler-- the fact remains that, had I really wanted to, I could have managed to get some blogging in there if I had really wanted to. More to the point, there was too much I wanted to blog about-- lying politicians who got us into a war, and then that guy out in California who admitted to being a liar . . .

And there's a subject in itself. I have yet, and don't expect ever, to stumble across the crucial piece of evidence that made Duke Cunningham confess his sins. I mean, the cover story is that it was because he had been found out, but really, folks, that's as convincing as claiming his nickname came from his love of mayonnaise. Because they're allllll taking bribes. Of course, they call them contributions, and it's all legal and above the board and disgustingly regulated to make it look as if it's all just the business of the public, but the truth is that every seat of legislation, every house of representatives, local, state or federal, is nothing but a huge brothel full of filfthy whores.

So you could see why I might have side-stepped that subject.

So, after reflecting on all of that, I have elected to favor you with a song. And not just any song, but a drinking song! It's to be sung to the tune of the Do-Re-Me- song from The Sound of Music, and I wasn't actually drinking when I made it up. I was walking from one place to another-- a loooooong walk, as I recall-- during my college days, and for whatever reason I got the Do-Re-Me song in my head, so I made this up as a way of subverting it.

Dough, I need, to buy more beer;
Ray, this drunk I used to know;
Me, and Ray, in Ray's old Dodge,
Fa, the way to liquor store;
So, I drink until I'm blind!
La-ti-da if it's not Sooo!
Ti-hee hee ha ha ha ha!
Which brings us back to Dough!

As far as I know, I have never attempted to sing this song while drinking, so I don't know how didfficult it might be, but in my experience, depending on what kind of a drunk you are, you can either sing or you can't, and if you do sing while drinking, you're not really concerned whether you can or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home