Saturday, February 02, 2008

Better Than Nothing


So, as it turns out, the problem was not with Blogger. The problem was with the window size that my computer decided the add-image pop up would be.
The Wifey is the one I have to thank for helping me figure it out. Never undersetimate the supreme value of the sage advice "scroll down."
So now here's the picture I always post when I go back to work for one of those projects which so drain my psychical energy as to make me a virtual cypher in the real world, along with a poem I wrote for my neices and nephews many years ago, to which their universal response has been, and will likely always be, "I don't get it."
SAILING THE SEA OF MERINGUE
Hold: all is not lost
Nor is all found.
Things are not black
As blackest night nor clear as day, and the situation
Is not hopeless, although there is nothing
Anyone can do about it. You are only you, but cannot
Be yourself, and nothing is as bad
Or as good as you've been told. You may as well be
Sailing the Sea of Meringue
With a key lime rudder
Waiting to scuttle onto a crushed graham cracker shore
To climb and plant your flag on Whipped Cream Hill
To claim it for God and country
As understand this mess
You were born into. I tell you this is true:
All is not lost. The center will hold.
Assuming there is a center. Nothing is as bad
Or as good
As you have been told.
This is true.
Except the part about sailing the sea of meringue.
I made that up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

With global warming, what is to become of that sea?

*shiver* horrible, horrible...

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home