Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Potato Brush Is Dead; Long Live The Potato Brush

ABOUT six or eight years ago, I ran across this thing at the World Market-- I think, and I could be wrong-- and had to have it. It's a potato brush, see!?! It's a brush for potatoes that looks LIKE A POTATO!!! HAH!!!

And, since one of my prized possession is a refrigerator magnet shaped like-- yes, you guessed it-- a refrigerator, which was given to me by my brother way back when, I thought it might end up being a theme in our house.

Of course, the years have gone on, and now the thing looks like this. So the Wifey, in her infinite wisdom, has decided that it must go. As is the way in such matters in our household, she announced that it was going by remarking, several times, that it was all but worn out, and thus began the potato brush's long, inexorable journey to the refuse heap, by way of being placed six inches closer to the garbage can each time she sees it in the kitchen.

So it became up to me to make the potato brush's demise both as quick and as humane as I possibly can.

Farewell, potato brush. You served us well. You never scrubbed a potato in anger, and you scrubbed many things which you were never meant to scrub. You cleaned under fingernails. You loosened many strata of dried foods. You conquered many a Stain Of Unknown Origin. You took up space, and you did it magnificently.

You will be missed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

Sic transit gloria potato brush. We'll raise a glass in your memory. (I have no memory of the potato brush, but I'm always game.)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home