Sunday, March 30, 2008

Why I Work

So I have decided not to make this post the usual I-Am-Not-Blogging-Because-I-Am-Working post (although I am, and therfore I have not been) and, instead, have chosen to show off our brand new Adirondack chairs. Two hundred and twelve bucks after taxes. Thank you very much.

Long story short, I saw them, I wanted them, and, therefore, I paid for them. The Wifey had seen them as well, and liked them, but balked at the price. The ones we had out on the patio before were plastic, and tended to get tossed about in wind storms. They had not gone any further than the far side of the driveway, but still, it kinda bugged me. These, hopefully, will stay put.

Of course, the first step was getting them home, which (with niece Cayla in tow) turned out to be a slightly dicey thing. As you can see, there wasn't room for much more in the boot (which only just closed) with the boxed chairs in it. And this is with the passenger's side seat racked up so that Cayla's knees were resting against the dash. (And she missed the seatbelt the first two times she grabbed for it.)

Now all we need is a fire-pit. And maybe some Tibetan prayer flags. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger tiff said...

FIRE PIT!!!! YES!

Nice chairs, yo.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

The fire pit that I bought last year changed my life.

Completely.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home