Monday, November 03, 2008

Shocking Development


I am not a country music fan. In fact, it would be more than fair to say that I am a country music foe. My usual reaction to hearing country music, in fact, is "Who is this @#$%er, and why hasn't he/she been taken out and shot?"
The exceptions to this rule are many-- Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Waylon Jennings, some Merle Haggard and Buck Owens, and, of course, Jerry Reed-- but up to the present, Mssr. Paisley has not been on this list. Not that I actively don't like his stuff, just that, up to now, I have not been exposed to enough of it to pry him out from the rest of the legion of twangheads. That said: I am buying this album. Because, well, damn. (You can get a pretty good idea of what's on it by using Amazon's preview player.) I could blather on about this, but really, go listen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger anika said...

I like him too.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home