Saturday, October 25, 2008

Things Not To Mess With



The title say it all.


Really. Don't mess with the Zohan. And not because it could be hazardous to your health. More because it's just not worth it in the long run.


We messed with the Zohan because we had a couple of hours to kill before the Wifey was due to board a plane on a Sunday afternoon. This is kind of analagous to watching a movie on a long flight. (Not that there's any way in Hell any airline would ever show this flick. It's just too offensive.)


They Wifey's two comments were most astute. About 45 minutes in: "And yet we're still watching it."


About an hour and ten minutes in: "And it just keeps going."


I have to admit that I laughed out loud many times, but about two thirds of that laughter was the kind of morose laughter that comes from knowing that anyone who said something like that out loud in a public place would almost certainly get the shit kicked out of them. Some of that laughter was, however, the kind that comes from acts of pure comedic genius. There were many nuggets of such mired in the muck here, but I don't really think that it was worth wading through all the muck to pick up the nuggets.


Another thing not to mess with is a permanent crown. Which is not to say don't get one. It is to say if they give you one, LEAVE IT THE @#$% ALONE. I had this thing installed a shade over two weeks ago, and I have been probing it with the tip of my tongue almost constantly since then. First just because it was sensitive, and then because I am hugely paranoid and I keep expecting to reach back with my tongue and find the thing has popped off.


So this is why I have not been blogging lately. I simply haven't felt very interesting.


This is also the reason there has not been a lunch of the day recently. What I have been making at home has not been very interesting, and I have been forced to go out for lunch fairly often to make up for the lack of caloric intake at home. The closest thing to "interesting" I have had at home recently would probably be the Hot Noodle Bowl, which goes like this:



Eh.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

Bobo! Good to see you back.

I never did see that movie either. And it's funny, because you described exactly what I thought the movie would be like... Lame, with occasional funny stuff, but not enough to make the film really worth watching. That's probably why I never did go see it (or rent it). Thanks for validating my assumptions.

Sorry to hear about your dental woes. Those are no fun.

Hang in there, bud... And tell me more about your thoughts on American Beauty! ...Joe

12:42 PM  
Blogger Doc Nagel said...

I loathe the word "nugget." To me, it is among the most unappealing words in English. In fact, I have on several occasions failed to buy bags of a snack that Trader Joe's sells, that I'm utterly addicted to, just because the things are called "Multi-grain sesame pretzel nuggets."

6:57 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Well, I'm happy to see you're back. And I think the noodles are pretty interesting indeed.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home