Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where I'm Calling From, Part III: Nordebert's Revenge


THAT's right. You are looking at a picture of a frozen dinner. Er, well, I guess technically it's now an UN-frozen dinner. This is the Mexican Fiesta Meal contingent of the Hungry Man XXL line, the one the internet critics, from their roach-infested, dog-crap-festooned hovels, declared is no good at all.
Futz, people. Futz, futz, futz. In this case, I have to get rid of the cockememe custard desert, add a dollop of actual refritos to the side dish, and cover the entire thing in extra red sauce and cheese. (And you have to have a red sauce you can trust, in my case a brand called Casa Fiesta, hailing from New Iberia, Louisiana.) (Because, let's face it, when it comes to all things Mexican, if it's not a fiesta, it just not worth it.) Also, like working with adamantium, you gotta keep it hot. Once it cools off, it starts to revert to it's pre-un-frozen state.
But the real revelation here is the combination of beers. I have had at least four meals I can think of wherin I have followed a more or less regular beer with an IPA. This time, just for the hell of it, I followed the Longammer IPA with the Kona Longboard lager. With the result that . . . Well, it was just kinda odd. The memory of the Longhammer didn't get up and tromp all over the Longboard like I thought it would, but it did have the effect of making the Longboard come on a little weaker.
Of course, the real REAL revelation is that I feel like I have some splainin to do. I haven't been blogging recently because a) it was the end of the summer and I was off doing stuff with neice Cayla, 2. My sister's kids were down from Connecticut, and III. We have been watching Season 3 of House on DVD, with the result that there has not been a lunchtime movie to speak of in a while. Up next, though, probably: Sorcerer, a movie I heard about when I was a kid, about a group of guys whose lives are terminally screwed up who volunteer to take a truck full of nitro glycerin through South America to a mining camp, apparently a virtual suicide mission for all involved. I have been meaning to see it for years, but only got around to adding it to our queue at Blockbuster Online one day while reading an interview with Brendan Fraser about the various roles he has taken on over the years, and thinking "Fraser could totally take on the Roy Scheider role in Sorcerer!" So now I hafta see the orignal movie to figure out whether I have finally, inevitably, gone insane.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger tiff said...

Ah - apparently is IS Roy. Read this post after the most recent one. Doesn't make it any better that I knew who was on the cover of the DVD.

Also? This talk of beer at lunch? No fair.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home