Thursday, July 31, 2008

Judgement Call

TOWARDS the end of the day, the Wifey and I, discussing movies we might see later in the summer, had the following exchange:

'imself: Dark Knight is still hanging at 94% fresh on the Tomatomometer.
The Wifey: well
TW: good movie
': Yeah
': And, Heath Ledger, dead, y'know.
TW: yeah
': And in addition to his reaaaaaally having been the star of the thing . . .
TW: mostly
': Fame-wise, dying was just the icing on the cake!
TW: ouch
TW: yeah
': Yep, straight to hell for me.
TW: ah well
TW: easier when you don't believe in hell
': This is most certainly true.
': And when you do believe on hell, ironically, you tend to believe in a whole lot of whacky shit for which you are most likely going to hell.


So, whayddaya think? Is it "wacky" or "whacky?" I know that the colloquially preferred (and etymologically sanctioned) is "wacky." But I kind of think I prefer "whacky." Allows me to put some oomph into it. "Whacky!" I know that's how I spell it in my head when I'm saying it.

Any input is welcome, but probably won't make any real difference. I will go ahead spelling it with the extra "h" for the rest of my life, and I doubt anyone can stop me, even if the rest of the world says my spelling is wrong.

The rest of the world can go to hell.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

In the field of spelling, you are an iconoclast. It's wacky. It'll always be wacky.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Um sorry, but I also prefer the "h" version. I think that if you can add an "h" to any word it is the better for it.

9:46 AM  
Blogger anika said...

I prefer wiggedy-wiggedy-whack.

But that's just me.

11:14 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

what's the 'h' there for anyhow?

or, should I say...'wat's' the H there for?

there IS a difference. Once of which is correct, and one of which is not.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home