Friday, October 03, 2008

The Non-Political Post

I don't do political posts here. Not that I don't have leanings and sympathies and issues, but by and large my political commentary can be summed up thusly: "See? Idiots!"

Lately I have been coming closer and closer to wanting to do a political rant. The selection of Sarah Palin by the McCain flotila was sheer genius: those who aren't bowled over by her beauty will be attraced by the sheer perversity of putting a know-nothing, vendetta-hungry, gun-toting bullshit artist* up for veep. (Yeah, perversity. Republicans, y'know. They are mucho fond of perversity. Ask Lee Atwater.) (Ohp! No, wait. He's dead.)

Fortunately, my pal Lauren has saved me the trouble.

(I also no longer read the New York Times, nor do I comment on it's tone or content. The result would largely be "See? FUCKING IDIOTS WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING."**)

*Artist is not the word I am looking for. "Bullshit artist" really doesn't do it. Kind of the same way that "sex worker" doesn't mean "prostitute." Semantics can be tough.

**Lauren corrects me in correcting herself that the article was in Time, not the NYT, but the same logic still basically applies.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

good because I hate politics ;)

6:48 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

I didn't see any politics in this post. Good to know you're keeping it real. :)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home