Thursday, October 01, 2009

We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Tuna Melt

SORRY about that last outburst. It's just that people who hate America piss me off. If they hate the place so much, they ought to just leave.

This, on the other hand, makes me very happy. This is a grilled tuna salad on rye with white American and standard cheddar cheese. The tuna salad itself is heavy on mustard, both Plochman's yellow and Chinese process, and celtic sea salt and cracked black and green peppercorn. It was just an amazing combination. Oh, and the fries were supplemented by the standard ketchup-- Heinz, there is no other-- spiked with two kinds of hot sauce, a concoction which has come to be known, in our household, as kethchupo!

(Gotta have the exclamation point, there's just no other way.)

THIS, on the other hand, makes me very happy indeed. New strings do make me happy, as any long-time reader would know, but the package in the center makes me absolutely giddy. What you are seeing there is a GROSS of Fender medium gauge confetti guitar picks. A couplathree years ago I decided that I go through these things at a great enough rate that I could easily justify buying them by the dozen (which come in a container designated "clamshell") because of its design. But on going to JustStrings.com to order strings, I found they were selling them by the gross rather than by the dozen.

So, on confabing with the Wifey, who reasoned that I would be good on picks for life, I ordered them.

There was a brief period of slight consternation, when it dawned on me that my order confirmation specified that I had requested, and was being sent, a gross of Fender medium confetti guitar picks (clamshell).

Was I getting a gross of packages of twelve? Was I getting a DOZEN GROSS of guitar picks!?! Ye Gads, man! Has the world gone MAD!?!

But that was just wishful thinking. What I got was a gross of picks in a clamshell container, which is actually rather stunningly beautiful. Or at least I think so.


But what makes me happier even than those is the casual result of Gracie, my Takamine jumbo 12 string, needing a truss rod adjustment. In order to accomplish this task, it was necessary to remove all her strings, with the result that I had the opportunity to dust and polish her head stock, something I had yet to do in the five years I have owned her.

Shiny shiny. That lump you see reflected above, behind and to the left of the digital camera lens is my noggin. Shiny as the day I brought her home from the music store. (Gracie's head stock, not my noggin.)

It's good to have distractions.

Have a great weekend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home