Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And Now I'm Sick

I have finally succumbed to the virus that the namy many neices and nephews spent the pre-Christmas season handing back and forth. As a result, I have nothing to report, except that I finally got around to watching Neil Young's concert film Rust Never Sleeps, and today I will spend my day listening to the many, many CD's I got as presents from the Wifey and Doc Nagel this Christmas, including a best of Leo Kottke from his Chrysalis years, the expanded Mad Dogs & Englishmen, The Mahavishnu Orchestra's Birds of Fire (the last and best album before the band went kerflooey), a collection of Stravinsky's shorter pieces rendered by the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, and, God help us, a Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros disc. And many others. I have my achy, stuffy, nauseous work cut out for me today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

I can only assume the "now" in the title of the blog is meant as an ironic aside. I say this because (a) I have know Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer lo these many years, and (b) might as well kick him while he's down.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Newlywife said...

I am debating on whether or not I like you...I have been browsing the blog, and I think your writing is great...funny, entertaining, insightful.

But I am insanely jealous and bitter about the fact that you don't have to work!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home