Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Blog You Will Not Read

People don't read poetry. This is the conclusion I have reached. Any blog in which I include poetry-- and always my own, natch, I am a narcissistic bastard, after all-- I get zero comments on. But I just wrote this, and it's the first poem I have ever written while partaking in The Gig For All Seasons, as well as the first poem I have written in quite a while, so I'm posting it anyways, even though it's poetry, and you will look at the funny little lines, cringe in horror, and see what schlock that freaky Canadian movie guy is slinging out this week.

THE SELF SAYS NO

I live in a bright green world
of spring, bright blue skies and puffy white clouds
and roads that go on forever
roads that I drive with precise abandon.
Not because I can.
But because some day I won't.
The same way we all know Death's face is white. (Or red.)
Because we know that total silence
and complete dark are painfully possible things.
We live and we eat and we laugh and we breathe
because somewhere in the night
the self says no.



And I mean I just wrote it, too. Like two hours ago. Maybe three.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

The chippie says "oooh."

I say this is a comment on your poem, so there.

11:14 AM  
Blogger something said...

i read your poem.

It's super.

I think the problem is with the actual word 'poetry'. Like the word 'tulips' or really any other sort of flower, the oppresing masculinity in me really restricts my ability to say too much about a poem. I've written them before and I didn't know what to do with them so I stopped.

9:21 AM  
Blogger something said...

holy crap that didn't make any sense.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home