Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Another One You Won't Read

PIPER LAURIE




The sun shines bright on a clear fall day;
The leaves are turning, the breeze is cool.

I shall stroll through the grass to let my shoes collect the dew;
I shall peer through green trees at the clear blue sky.

I shall count the true things, one two three
I shall thank God for what is good
I shall lament to God for what is ill
I shall pray for the wisdom to know between.

Today is a good day to remember absent friends
And recall fond memories.
Piper Laurie is alive and well
Somewhere in America.




It is important to remember that some beauty
Is less than skin deep; an image, an impression,
A passing glance at a face you seem to recall
From sweeter, darker times.
Other things are more permanent, deeper
Than they appear. It is an accepted fact that many truths
Are bitter fruits of hard experience. But I hear laughter.
I hear such laughter.




Today is a good day to remember
That life is long, that love is strong,
And that there are no wolves at our door.
I shall run the back roads, and I shall watch
God’s pastel go from green to fire to fawn.
Piper Laurie is alive and well
Somewhere in America.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home