Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me


SO FOR MY birthday, since I just got back from New York, and after that, Bluefield, West Virginia, I decided that I would buy some new shoes. These are the Nike Air Pegasus model, which I have taken to calling the Air Pegs, because it's easier to say, sounds cooler, and, y'know, that Steely Dan song. They are kind of the un-Nikes of my collection. All my other Nikes are super light and super squishy, while these weigh in at an apalling seven ounces (GASP!?!) and have a more substantial EVA sole platform. They are still WAY comfy, and very handsome as well.
And then, in honor of my birthday shoes, I had a beautifully poured Black & Tan.
(That's a lie. The shoes arrived after I had started in on the B&T, along with a pulled pork barbeque sandwich on a kaiser roll with blue cheese cole slaw, and French fires with kethcupo! There was no movie of the day. I have been plenty entertained as it is.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nagel said...

Wait a minute - isn't tomorrow your birthday? And wouldn't that make you ---- A LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

I actually meant to put that in the blog. Yes: my birthday is tomorrow. But that does not alter the fact that the shoes, the B&T, and the sandwich are all by way of celebrating the impending diaster.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home