Saturday, June 09, 2007

Department Of Aquisitions

So this is my new bike. It is an 80's era Fuji Espree. It is made of aluminum tubing. It is VERY cool.



Toe clip technology has changed ALOT in the last, what, 20 years? The clips are composite (they used to be aluminum) and the straps are nylon (they used to be leather).


The drivetrain, naturally, has not changed, because it is what came with the bike. (It is also not the Campagnolo Neuvo Record stuff I wanted, but it is the better of the 80's era Suntour stuff, so it'll certainly do.

Seat technology has changed ALOT since the old days. Lemme knock this part down for you: See the part that's missing, where the hole is? Apparently it took ONE HUNDRED YEARS for someone to think of that. Anyone who's ever spent more than a couple of hours on a bike knows what I'm saying.

PS: Sunday, 10 June: we went out. I did about 8 miles through hilly terrain before punking out. Haven't been on a serious bike ride in over 20 years. I guess I need more breaking in. The bike, most certainly, is not to blame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Hey Stranger (and by that, I don't mean you are strange ;)

How did you find me? I'm getting back in touch with all my old loves. Of course I remember you. Thanks for stopping by.

My sis just did a 35 mile cycle for diabetes. Very cool bike. I'm not much of a biker, more of a runner. Maybe someday.

I also only play 6 strings, versus your 12.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home