Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Post the Next

So I am home from work today. A construction crew at the Mall, which is constantly under construction, was diggin' in the parking lot; their utilities map showed a power main 3 feet under ground. And, accordingly, they hit it at 2. So the mall is off the grid. They let us hang around until the repair crew got there and decided the power would be off all day. Which is good for us but sucks for the company, as losing a whole day of productivity bodes not well for meeting our deadline for finishing the project. (Which I am getting perilously close to disclosing the nature of, which I am not supposed to, so I should stop talking about it.)

On the way home from the Mall I began thinking about the whole poem thing, along the lines of whether I need to pursue the thing or not, and whether I would have to start out with some kind of prosaic introduction describing the subject matter, and this is what occurred:



Freedom Mall is a defunct shopping center on the West side of Charlotte, NC.

Jim Williams is a defunct writer in a bunker by the airport.
Is that to say that I have truly tried and failed?
Is that to say that I have surrendered,
Laid down arms and walked across the front, arms raised?
Or do I remain,
Undefeated,
Undaunted.



I suppose it's as good a beginning as any.

In other news, by the time you read this I (probably) will have added a new friend to the linky love list to the right. If you notice it, you've been reading this blog too long. It's probably a nice, sunny day where you are. You should go outside and play if you can.

PS: You can see the whole thing, as a work in progress, at the non-blog, if you're into that kind of thing. Be warned: it is still in rough cut form.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Ooooh, OOOOh. I know who the new link is. I do. I do!

(thanks Bobo.)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home