Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back In The Day, The Guys All Thought Of Me As "The Fifth Horseman"




I SEE SATAN IN MY SAMMICH! I SEE SATAN IN MY SAMMICH!!!

I see dead people?
I mean, if people can see the Virgin Mary in a grilled cheese . . . Well, then of COURSE I'd see Satan in this one. After all, it has ham in it . . .

Boy, that went WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay farther than I had first imagined it would.

The side is Pringles, which I may be over for awhile. Not sure why. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to get through a can of Pringles. The beers are a Saranac Lager followed by an IPA. I know I have done this before, but this time, let me just say: Dude, that is how we do that.


This was going to be the movie of the day.

I tried. Dear GOD, I tried. Couldn't do it. Both the book and the movie-- yeah yeah, I didn't watch the movie, and didn't even TRY to read the book, but trust me, I know these things-- distill the most common, antecdotally supportable cliches about modern Americans leading modern American lives and mine them for the lousiest, most sleazy-minded, disgusting, impotent, irresponsible representatives of humanity one could ever imagine. And THEN they cripple them with conventional morality. It's like watching quadraplegics . . . Forget I was going to say anything here and just use your imaginations.

Anyways, not a fan. Seriously. It's like John Cheever writing intallment fiction for the National Enquirer. Screw it. If I wanta be that negative, I'd just go to the grocery store. (Wow. If that's not an obscure reference, I don't know what is.)

On the upside, my father-in-law has been catching up on Season 2 of Boston Legal, so I just happened to have a disc of the stuff lying nearby.


THAT's better.

(Better to mine the cliches for humor? Is that what I'm saying? Gotta go check on my horse . . . )

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home